Replace UPVC door handle to one that can lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'd like to replace a bedroom door handle to one that has options to lock the door either with a key or a latch.Can any one kindly guide me ... what handle,how to measure,etc.:)

Apologies for the trouble.

Regards
rachel

2hdb22a.jpg

2zghsic.jpg

2eo8ggn.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think you should pm gazman. He helped me out last time for a similar problem! Hope you can get it sorted! :)

The handle wouldn't be the problem, first off you'll need a lock for the door that can well 'lock', the trouble I can see here is finding a lock that fits into the door neatly as its already routered out, I can't make out the make or type of lock from the picture, I see some writing but its too blurred, maybe that particular lock manufacturer makes a locking version so would be a straight swap

Sponsored Links
The handle wouldn't be the problem, first off you'll need a lock for the door that can well 'lock', the trouble I can see here is finding a lock that fits into the door neatly as its already routered out, I can't make out the make or type of lock from the picture, I see some writing but its too blurred, maybe that particular lock manufacturer makes a locking version so would be a straight swap

Hi crank39,
Thanks for that. It says NEMEF on the lock. Not sure that helps!

I saw some locks in Northwesthardware but don't know how to get a correct swap or how to measure for it. Help (n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back