Replace with a dimmable transformer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ceiling light with 15x 12V 10W bulbs (G4? - the small capsule type)

The powers that be (wife) always wanted a dimmeable light in that position, so that's what she bought. Transformer was not dimmable however, so it never worked (well it worked on full power a few times, then flickered when dimmed and died).

Just need to know if I can replace the transformer?
Current one is a Sunrise SET150CS 150VAC (Input - 220-240W, Output 11-5VAC, Lamp 50-100W)
If so, any advice on what I need to get. And yes, I promise to inform the council if I change anything (even my pants).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
just buy a decent light fitting..
anyting fitted with sunrise SET transformers are cheap crap..
just search for sunrise SET on here to see the numerous posts about dead transformers..

do they not seee the flaw in their maths?

15 x 10W = ??

transformer output 50-100W... hmmm ?

I appreciate the reply, and had I know about Sunrise beforehand I would have advised my wife accordingly. But I didn't know about Sunrise, and I didn't know she was buying it.

She loves the fitting, and I love an easy life. So as I said, I want to replace the cr@ppy Sunrise transformer. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back