Replaced pump valves. Now pump doesn't fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I removed my central heating pump to clean it out. The pump isolating valves were old and corroded and wouldn't shut, so I had to drain down, and then took the opportunity to put new isolating valves in.

They looked identical but when I came to refit the pump I noticed the valves were slightly more compact, so now there is a small gap and I can't refit the pump.

The thing is, tomorrow I am getting a powerflush done. I've read that the first thing he will do is remove the pump - so should I just leave the pump disconnected from the pipes and not worry about it?

I'm getting a new pump (the plumber convinced me it was worth it) so the gap will need adjusting then anyway.

Sponsored Links
Spacers are available, but leave it to your power flusher to adjust it when refitting the pump. You would be advised however to mention it to him. There is usually some play in pipework to get over this minor problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back