Replaced radiator now boiler won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have replaced a radiator that I removed for decorating and now the boiler won't start. Tried bleeding all the radiators for hours air comes out and stops then do the same on another one then back to the other one. Did manage to get boiler running for a couple of minutes by turning up the numbered dial on it, only lasted a few mins. Any help would be great , thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks, how do I check the cold water feed? The boiler is an old baxi and it's just a standard system with cylinder an tank in the loft. Pump is now making all sorts of noises so no doubt that's probably knackered now.

Going to have get someone in! Have been bleeding radiators on and off for hours now.

Have you been in the loft to see if there is water in the expansion tank?

Is the float valve working?

If so then blocked feed as mentioned.

Andy

I can undo the silver thing on the pump all the off but no air comes out. Thanks again everyone.

Haven't been in the loft as yet, I did manage to get most of the radiators upstairs and at least one working this morning before boiler gave up. Not sure if that means anything. Constantly air when bleeding radiators on and off. Felt like I have spent hours doing it. Thanks.

You need to follow the advice already given and check the header tank rather than wasting time trying to bleed rads.

If the tank is empty then the float valve needs freeing/replacing and if the tank is full then you have a blocked cold feed which will need to be cleared/removed/replaced before you can fill the system and bleed the rads.

It was a blocked cold feed, the guy had to cut out and redo pipework so wouldnt have got involved un that but thanks for you help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back