Replaced Siphon in Toilet but still not flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet was having flushing problems so I replaced the Siphon.

View media item 51410
I did however find a component that was between the donut and the base unit. My assumption was that it wasn't required but it broke whilst I was replacing the siphon so I did away with the item.

View media item 51409
What I'm finding is a problem with the drawback. Yes the toilet flushes however isn't pulling the waste away and then filling with water (sorry I've got limited knowledge of how it works). My assumption is that the item I removed created the suction.

Any idea why this might be and what I can do to fix this?

Sponsored Links
If waste not being removed i would look for a blockage from the bowl downwards to the stack outside.

nothing to do with a blockage, your wc is a syphonic one & thats the bit you have broken, why on earth did you think it wasn't needed, so now you have two options either try & find a replacement unit or replace the wc

cbf is spot on. good look in finding the part though. think if i remember it was called a bomb. maybe wrong

Sponsored Links
The only one still available AFAIK is the Thomas Dudley SYVAC Syphonic Aspirator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back