Replacement belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No idea which forum this should go on .....

Cross trainer rear drive belt has shredded.
I phoned the manufacturer, who told me it is a generic part .

1651 pj6

I'm told this is a 1651mm (65") belt with 6 ribs.

Is this then the sort of part you could get from a hardware or washing machine spares shop?

Sponsored Links
No idea which forum this should go on .....

Cross trainer rear drive belt has shredded.
I phoned the manufacturer, who told me it is a generic part .

1651 pj6

I'm told this is a 1651mm (65") belt with 6 ribs.

Is this then the sort of part you could get from a hardware or washing machine spares shop?
I doubt it

Sponsored Links
If you Google bearing factors they often stock belts too.
Odd ball stuff I get from a brilliant firm called Eriks, Gateshead Team Valley.
John :)

Effectively you have here 6 vee belts in one so you get terrific power transmission, minimal wear and once tensioned require minimal adjustment throughout their life.
They can also follow tortuous routes, often folding back on themselves and still giving excellent service.

Effectively you have here 6 vee belts in one so you get terrific power transmission, minimal wear and once tensioned require minimal adjustment throughout their life.
They can also follow tortuous routes, often folding back on themselves and still giving excellent service.

How did it break then, John? It's only had a lazy fat get putting it through the occasional half hour of strain? :mrgreen:

Unlike the standard vee belt, which is forgiving to some degree, the multivee belt needs spot on alignment of the pulleys.
The first part of it to give up are the cords at the sides.....once one snaps the belt is on borrowed time.
Hope yours is the right one once it gets delivered!

Sponsored Links
Back