Replacement boiler: keep it vented?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shortly, we are to replace our 22 year old Baxi system boiler (two tanks in the loft) and believe it to be a vented system.

The existing boiler is within a cupboard in the kitchen and this is where the new one will go. I do not want any more mess than necessary and am happy to keep the tanks/immersion.

I have spoken to a plumber who has recommended some system boilers with the removal of the tank, thus going sealed. I have spoken to a colleague at work who feels that this may expose leaks as it is pressurised.

Would someone advise please regarding the need to go to a sealed system and opinions of the WB 24 Ri, as it is to go back ito the cupboard, a quoted Vaillant 618 seems a lot larger than the 24 Ri.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is a slight risk that the increase in pressure may cause a leak. I've only experienced it once though, on a joint and to be honest that was so weak it could have gone anytime.

Thanks Mark, any opinions on the 24Ri or another small boiler for the cupboard?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back