Replacing vented boiler on a sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating is sealed radiator system with an external pressure vessel and pump, megaflo hot water, heated by a Potterton Suprima boiler. The boiler's getting old and I'm expecting to have to replace it shortly. All the advice seems to be that a sealed system should have a system boiler. That makes it more expensive and too big to fit in the cupboard. Can the boiler be replaced with one designed for a vented system, or won't that work these days?

Sponsored Links
Most 'Heat Only' boilers will do the job. The world 'as they say' is your oyster!!

At one time the criteria was; as long as it had a high limit thermostat, which most now do have.

I like the Vokera & the Ideal, simple & inexpensive just like me.

Sponsored Links
oh ffs puller please no anything but an ariston , but a baxi 400 would do nicely ;)

Anyone giving such advice should be given a short sharp slap. FFS.

I fit very few OV/heat only boilers, but I have a list of customers that will not be getting a sealed system - even if it means fitting my favourite boiler with the pressure sensor unplugged and the feed and vent combined on hte return ;).

oh ffs puller please no anything but an ariston , but a baxi 400 would do nicely ;)

Ariston make a great range of boilers AG. But if your a Washer Changer or Course Cowboy, you'll not know how to switch it on!! It's 2017 fella, boilers need to be loved, set up correctly & not fitted by cowboys.

Anyone giving such advice should be given a short sharp slap. FFS.

I fit very few OV/heat only boilers, but I have a list of customers that will not be getting a sealed system - even if it means fitting my favourite boiler with the pressure sensor unplugged and the feed and vent combined on hte return ;).

Dan, Dan 'cover your work' fella, you are exposing some of the Dark Arts to the DaftyDIYers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back