replacement boiler piping???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace my exsisting 30 year old 'glow worm' gas central heating boiler.i am of course going to replace it with a 'condensing' boiler which will be a 'conventional' type on my vented system.My problem is that the original boiler has 4 pipes(not including the gas), to it and the new ones all appear to have just three, one of which is the gas( the one ill get a corgi fitter to join up!).Has anyone any idea how to do the job, without the obvious answer, get a pro to do it!!!

Sponsored Links
As kev says you must now convert to fully pumped, energy efficiency regs.

If new boiler going in same place then you could use the primary's (28mm) as flow and return to airing cupboard, the install the motorised valve here along with the pump etc. Main problem will probably be wiring. Most new boilers require permanent live and switched live to work.

Warning! you may have trouble finding a good installer who will just connect gas and commission system as this is now against CORGI regs. CORGI must install entire boiler & flue & gas :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back