Replacement car battery help

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Need to replace my oh kia soul car battery car is 2010 model soul 1.6 petrol search comes up with S3 063
And S4 063 i think they are both 44ah and 440cca! Will it be ok to replace with S5 063 which is 52ah and 520cca ! ( No two websites have same measurement on these battery how confusing ) thanking in advance
Ih

Sponsored Links
An 063 battery measures 207mm long by 175mm wide and 175mm high......the 207mm stretches to 210mm on occasion so you'll be fine.
I believe Bosch do the most powerful battery in this size.
I've heard that the Yuasa website gives tips on fitting and if it needs coding, but I've never used it.
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Many thanks John! I just checked the original is 410cca! With your experience kindly advise
My best option! ( yesterday was the second time she left lights On when she went for her teaching job)
On retun after 7/8 hours !there was no start up! Also this is original battery done 10 years!
Regards
Ih

If you are going to keep the car I'd go for the Bosch S5001 I think, but if the lights are left on :( even that one would be struggling!
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
Thanks! Will do that ! Keeping the car as she done 30k in 10 years! There is an american video how to replace kia soul
Battery it is bit involved but i think i will manage(borrow long extension from neighbour)
Thanks for all your help
Regards
Ih

Back