Kindly help recommend car light bulbs

I always use 'Ring' standard bulbs, very cheap on ebay. I don't think modern headlights come apart but on my XMs you could take the glass off, you could clean the reflector by very gently swabbing it with a meths soaked issue, I emphasise 'very gently' otherwise you will take the silver off, this made a considerable difference to the light output.

If we are competing for the poorest lights, my first car was a '39 Ford Prefect with a 6 volt system.:(

Peter

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
Have you tried also switching on the front "driving" /fog. lights ? (if fitted ) that's what I do on our Vaux. Corsa(y)

Driving lights will only come on with full beam. It's illegal to use front fog lights unless in "conditions of seriously reduced visibility".

I'm not sure that poor eye sight would fall into that category!

OP have your headlights got plastic covers which have yellowed? If so, get a polishing kit before you start changing bulbs

• Thanks
DaveHerns definnately not they are shiny clear! Kind neighbour car enthusiast polishes headlight possibly
Once a year when he does his merc+ peugeot (his & hers) but i will have to get bulbs forum has identified
the options will keep old ones as spare!

Sponsored Links
Osram night beakers are good. You do trade off brightness for lifetime though. Halogen lamps don't get dimmer over time though so maybe your head light units need some attention.
Have you tried also switching on the front "driving" /fog. lights ? (if fitted ) that's what I do on our Vaux. Corsa(y)

Just remember it's illegal to drive around with your fog lights on when it's not foggy!

• Thanks
Just remember it's illegal to drive around with your fog lights on when it's not foggy!

You say that but my last Peugeot used the fog lamps as cornering lights- eg NSF light came on as you turned left.

• Thanks
You say that but my last Peugeot used the fog lamps as cornering lights- eg NSF light came on as you turned left.
Yes this is common now, my golf does it, a mild advantage occasionally I suppose but that's different to driving with fogs on which is downright annoying for the rest of us.

• Thanks
Back