Replacement Combi Boiler

joe-90 said:
It would seem to me that you need to sort out what's wrong with this boiler before you buy a new one. I would guess that the cause of your problem is either a pump that is failing or your pipes and rads are full of magnetite (that won't simply wash away). If you just go ahead and change your boiler - you may find that the fault is still there when you fire it up.

If the radiators/pipes are full magnetite, could I expect any discolouration of the water when bleading (or disconneting a pipe and letting the water out from the actual pipe)?

Sponsored Links
wibbit said:
What do you mean by balancing it? This I have no idea about.

DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating > Look Here First - FAQ

Click HERE for a more detailed explanation.

JohnD said:
wibbit said:
What do you mean by balancing it? This I have no idea about.

DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating > Look Here First - FAQ

Click HERE for a more detailed explanation.

Thanks for that :)

I did a quick search for magnetite, and it also explained balancing (updated my post, but you were just too darn quick!)

Sponsored Links
It would appear that the "balancing" was what I needed to do.

After fiddlin with the valves it would appear that I have all heaters working, or at least hot.

I am not certain that it is the same as last year, as in the past I COULD get the radiators to the point where I would not want to hold on to it, however now, that is not the case (not that it ever SHOULD be the case either).

However, thanks all of the tips, the balancing, and associated checking gave me the informatoin that I required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back