Replacement cylinder Reg's

scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
Just out of interest

if matey says nop to upgrade, where are you going to get a non part l cylinder from

Cos a Psrt L one sure aint gonna work on gravity :)

I know I have tried :oops:

You should have asked the supplier to supply one that is suitable for a gravity system

Ok scat man, do you have a problem with me today???

as for asking to supply a non part L cylinder I found this difficult as WOW Part L is now in effect

Sponsored Links
bster said:
So is this tapstat defo the thing to use instead of a cyl stat and motorised valve if the costomer doesnt agree to the the minimum req's?

ONLY in an emergency situation.

If it is a "planned" exchange then it must have some form of boiler interlock.

Is this detailed in the PART L literature?

and define 'planned'.

corgiman said:
scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
Just out of interest

if matey says nop to upgrade, where are you going to get a non part l cylinder from

You should have asked the supplier to supply one that is suitable for a gravity system

as for asking to supply a non part L cylinder I found this difficult as WOW Part L is now in effect

No problem at all old pal ;)

They are NOT non part L.

They still meet Britsh Standards.

Read the link i posted again

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
Just out of interest

No problem at all old pal ;)

They are NOT non part L.

They still meet Britsh Standards.

Read the link i posted again

good to hear it fella :)

I did not see the link

funny how plumb centre sell range stuff but will not get a non L cylinder in for you

Mmm rum methinks

This whole thing sucks, what if someone genuinely has not got the money for an upgrade, and its straightforward to change like for like???

This gov suckx

bster said:
Is this detailed in the PART L literature?

and define 'planned'.

Yes..i have it in front of me now.

Define "planned".?

I am sure you can work that one out.

Its not exactly Kryton Factor material is it. ;) :D

cm wrote:

funny how plumb centre sell range stuff but will not get a non L cylinder in for you

Thats because its not a non part L cylinder.

They need to ring Range (or whoever) and tell them that the require a cylinder that is suitable for a gravity system.

The cylinder will still be part L compliant. They just move the top connection upwards to restore sufficient fall.

Knowing Plumbcentre staff in my area that would be too much to ask.

If i arrive at job and say 'the cylinder needs replacing i will do it in 2 days time' is that classed as 'planned'

or do you mean that if its a planned non faulty cylinder upgraded to a new part L compliant jobby? ie a replacemnt due to a fault is ok for tapstat but an upgrade must meet min req's.

BTW - are you reading the 'Doimestic heating compliance guide'?

If u tel em the cyl is for a replacement on an AGA they still have to be gravity so range should do it ( rules are for bending) he he.

scatmanjohn said:
cm wrote:

Thats because its not a non part L cylinder.

They need to ring Range (or whoever) and tell them that the require a cylinder that is suitable for a gravity system.

The cylinder will still be part L compliant. They just move the top connection upwards to restore sufficient fall.

Knowing Plumbcentre staff in my area that would be too much to ask.

great stuff scat

cheers for that, you win the top tipster title for today :)

joking apart that is brilliant info

scatman, fitting a two port tapstat on a gravity sys is surely a no no due to the fact you fit in the flow you block the vent,fit in the return and you block the cold feed,unless you can connect it without blocking either pipe,but if you can do that then it must be brought up to c plan,which would give the interlock req by building regs.

i have just read that a tapstat has to be linked to the boiler, so whats the differance in cost\time by doing a tapstat instead of putting a 2 port and cyl stat in (c-plan)?

Is there such a thing as a tapstat with an electrical connection - ie auxilliary switch??

no wiring to be done,a tapstat is not allowed on a sys unless it is electrically controlled which is then a kov valve i believe danfoss used to make them but they were three port.third port being a bypass you can still get a three port tapstat made by drayton but it is mechanical so non compliant :cry:

if you are asking if you can get a tapstat with electrical connections - i dont know, but here is what it says in the Energy Efficiency booklet 302

Thermostatic hot water temp limit valve

Cylinder controls must not be used unless they also operate an electrical connection to the boiler to provide boiler interlock...

whats a kov valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back