Replacement door latch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi total diy noob here but i was wondering if these forums could help. A few days ago one of the doors in my house was slammed shut. I'm not quite sure how but the mechanism in the latch pretty much crumbled so the handle doesn't open the door. I've looked online for replacement latches of the same make but I can't find any. Would anyone know where I can get a latch to replace this? I've attached pictures so you all know what it looks like. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
ERA still manufactures tubular latches, although the face plates are rectangular these days. The type you want is called an ERA 189-56 radius forend tubular latch + ERA 188-56 radius keep set, although my supplier shows them as no longer manufactured. It may be worth ringing around the local trade outlets (architectural ironmongers, etc) to se if anyone has old stock (Personally I'd just cut-in the new ones with a sharp chisel).

Failing that if you don't want to cut-in a new face plate then Screwfix do a radiused face plate tubular latch as well, although I can't say how compatible the body diameter/length are on that item

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back