Replacement Entry handset - Terraneo 600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there can assist me with an issue we have with our flat door entry system.

Managed to source a replacement handset for the Terraneo 600.

The original had been modified to have a privacy switch and LED, not exactly high tech, especially the wiring !

The phone had 3 pairs of wires connecting to it.

Blue/White - White/Blue
Orange/White - White/Orange
Green/White - White/Green

The original phone had a block connector with 6 terminals.

The replacement phone has a block connector with 8 terminals, 1-6 as per the original phone, 7 connecting to the hanger switch and 8 not used.

I thought that the phone would be ok, just no use for the 7th connection....

Anyway, fitted the phone at the weekend, tested and all was well except one rather important part, the buzzer doesn't work with phone hung up and the privacy off.

T/R audio all ok, privacy switch seems to operate ok (for the audio anyway) and the door release works fine.... just don't know when people are at the door. :(

I've tried and tried to figure out what is wrong with the system to make the buzzer not work, but have fallen at every possibility....

I've buzzed out the hanger switch, but there are two many combinations of which terminals make connections with hanger off/on....

I did look at two incoming wires, from memory I believe white/green and white/orange. (white/green connection to buzzer, white/orange go into the privacy system, but don't go any further ?)

Anyway, back to the test across white/green - white/orange. I measured the voltage across these, reading was around 5 mV, had someone press the intercom button at the main door and the reading was then around 2-3V. Would 2-3V be enough to activate the buzzer ?

Fiancee advises that the before breakdown, the buzzer only sounded for as long as the intercom button was pressed.

Any troubleshooting advise would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Typically you're looking for about 10V AC for the call buzzer, between the 'common' wire and the 'call' wire.

Thanks for this. I was measuring DC, duh !

I think I've determine what the common wire is, since I've buzzed the connections out with a meter and have found that

1 & 2 are for T&R

3 - 90% certain is the common

4 - connection into the privacy circuit

5 - door release

6 - buzzer

measuring the resistance between connections 3 & 6.

privacy enabled: open circuit
Privacy disabled, hanger off: open circuit
Privacy disabled, hanger on: 36 ohms resistance of buzzer.....

makes sense to me..... now I just need to measure the voltage across
connections 3 & 6 with the button pressed at the main door !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back