Replacement for leaking Limefighter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be really appreciated I have a 2 year old Limefighter that has started leaking from a crack in the body, it must have got a knock, it's on the C inlet to a Gledhill Cylinder , I went to get a replacement but they have been superseded but after bit of reading they aren't really rated for scale reduction so been looking at alternatives like Cistermiser combimate scale reducer . but a plumber mate said their for Mens toilets! He must be thinking of something else as it seems to get highly regarded by a few people..

Any suggestions I need to order something quick to replace the leaky unit.
Really appreciate any replies..

Al

Sponsored Links
Replace it with a straight section of copper tube. In terms of limescale removal it will do everything the previous unit did and have the benefit of improved water flow.

For limescale reduction there are two options. An ion exchange water softener which requires filling with large bags of salt, or phosphate dosing devices such as a Cistermiser Combimate which requires filling with smaller quantities of chemicals.
Anything else is snake oil.

Cistermiser also make control valves as used with urinals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back