Replacement for Randall 102 C/H Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the above connected to a system which had independant heat and hot water. It is looking a little long in the tooth and i wish to exchange it for a digital display model that i can programme more times into. I have come across a Danfoss FP715. Could you tell me model i would need so i could change this with the minimum of hassle.

Sponsored Links
most programmers have a "standard foot print" take your existing one off and see what is left on the wall.

if there is a "plate" chances are it is a "standard footprint" so you can swop strait over, if not you willo need to identify waht each cable / core does and wire it to the new timer

A Randall 102 does NOT have an industry standard plate. If you change to something like an FP715 it will have a different shape and connectors.
You Could change to a randall 102E5 which is a digital display replacement. They cost about £53 - I can sell you one for a sensible price. Contact me at
I hope that doesn't get me loads of spam or questions like "my boiler is making a noise what do you reckon it is"!

email address removed, your email address can be shown in your profile

Excellent.... that sounds just the ticket, but how do i get your e mail address as i can not seem to see it in your profile ? ( Or i am a total dim whit and can not find my way around the profile at all !).

Sponsored Links
I have made an email address visible to avoid offending the moderator's unfathomable sensitivities. So instead of leaving it on display until it has been seen and I can remove it, I have to say all over the place that it's NOT there so people can ask me questions privately about their problems!
It isn't even clear where you can find my email address - you have to look on the threads-list page for my name then click on it.

ChrisR, i hear what you say, it can be "annoying" not being able to post your email address, but it was decided that to keep the forums "neat and tidy" certain things are not allowed, (you may want to see here ,email addresses being one of them.

also, Breezer had to loose his flashing signature because too many people complained.

I think this forum is as good as it is because of:

Friendly banter between everyone

No offensive posts

It is not full of different pictures for each user.

I used to be on a forum ( closed now) that all posters could have "avatars" / pictures , multi coloured signatures etc it did look confusing as everyone had their own.

I do not own diynot, but i am going to ask if we can have a private message facility set up, in this you can (should) be able to give your email address

Ah. it's the terrible UNTIDINESS of email addresses. How could I not have seen that? :eek:

I suppose this is allowed?: :evil: :p :eek: :mad: :!: :idea: :?: :oops: :oops: :oops: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back