replacement for simple danfoss thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a danfoss basic thermostat which is not very sensitive in the hall and wish to change it for a programmable and portable wireless thermostat that i can move around the house.
I like the look of the honeywell RF chronotherm stat but i am wondering if i can fit it to my Baxi duo tec boiler.
The danfoss stat seems to have three wires whereas the honeywell required 4 wires.
So how do I fit the honeywell to the system.
Can i put the honeywell receiver in place of the danfoss stat and how do i wire it.

Sponsored Links
They are two completely different things, your existing stat is wired to your boiler and turns it on and off when the temp is reached in the hall , the wireless one is in 2 parts , a receiver and a transmitter, the receiver is hard wired and is connected to your boiler so usually is installed near the boiler but doesnt have to be, the transmitter is the portable thermostat that you talk about which is battery powered and sends a signal wirelessly to the receiver unit

yes I understand all that but since there are already wires from the hall to the boiler can i use these wires to connect the receiver to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
There is no point. They are designed to be out of the way.
You may not have enough wires there anyway.

It would be like removing the infra-red controls from your tv and installing wires to the back of the couch.

Put it near the boiler where all the necessary wiring will be accessible and the cable to the hallway can be removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back