Wiring for Danfoss RX1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’ve bought a Danfoss RX1S with TP-one RF to replace a failed Honeywell cm907 (lcd failed). My boiler is a Worcester 28cdi
The honeywell has only 2 wires coming in -

red to terminal B
yellow to terminal A.

Can anyone tell me how I wire the Danfoss?
Thanks in advance.
Gerry

Sponsored Links
Hi Gerry

The wire in the Honeywell A terminal goes to Danfoss terminal 2 (Com)
The wire in the Honeywell B terminal goes to Danfoss terminal 3 (ON)

That's the switching wires sorted. However, the Honeywell was battery powered, so it didn't need a mains power supply. The Danfoss is an RF remote receiver and needs 230V to operate, so you will need to install another cable to bring a Neutral and Live from the same fused connection unit that supplies the boiler to the N & L terminals at the Danfoss.

Hi Stem
Thanks for the quick reply. Given the position of the existing stat, on the stairwell with the cable feed running under the floor it would be a hassle to run an additional cable to that point but of course I can move the receiver unit out to the garage beside the boiler.

I’ve identified the cabling point in the boiler for the stat and the mains supply but I think now I need to know what the connections are from Ns Ls Lr on the boiler to the Danfoss RX1.

Thanks again
Gerry

The boiler Ls (Live supply) should go to the Danfoss terminal 2 (Com) and if you link it also to the Danfoss live terminal it will provide the required Live supply for the Danfoss receiver.

The boiler Lr (Live return) should go to the Danfoss terminal 3 (ON)

The boiler Ns (Neutral supply) whould go to the Danfoss Neutral

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back