Danfoss rx1-s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my old danfoss RF receiver stooped working and I've brought new one. A RET2000B-RF+RX1S Wireless Digital Room Thermostat & Receiver
The cable running to the bosch 200 combi boiler is 5 core, positive, negative and earth plus black and gray,
The black wire was connected to 2 and the gray was connected to 3.

On the rx1-s it's got, com, no?, NC?
Do I need to take a link from positive to the com side and which wires go in to the NO and NC?

Sponsored Links
The wiring connections for the RX1 are below.

upload_2019-11-9_20-13-41-png.175321

So, the wires go to the terminals with the same function at the new one.

Therefore:
N and L are exchanged like for like
The wire in the old receiver terminal 2 marked COM will go to the terminal at the new receiver also marked COM
The wire in the old receiver terminal 3 marked ON will go to the terminal at the new receiver marked NO (Normally Open)

If you don't have a link presently, you won't need one with the new receiver, and if you were to add one you could seriously damage your boiler. The grey and black wires could be low voltage (24v) from the boiler's circuit board and by adding a link you would be connecting it directly to the 230V mains!

Last edited:
IMG_20220120_075339.jpg
Hi, sorry yes it's a rx1, the black and gray wire are one the 240v side, no there wasn't a link to the com. Hopefully I've uploaded a pic of the cable to the combi, thank you stem for your reply.

Thanks. So, the connections as per my last post are correct.

N = N (Blue)
L = L (Brown)
2 Com = Com (Black)
3 ON = NO (grey)

Earth wire probably not required. So, if no earth terminal provided, insulate / isolate and it tuck out of the way.

& don't add any links :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back