Replacement Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After four quotes from gas boiler fitter on what is best for me I have decided to install a Viessmann Vitodens 111-W DHW storage 8.8 - 35 KW replacement boiler
Best price from Viessmann trained fitter so far is £4,115 inc Vat plus another £855 for power flush to existing system, total £4,900 this would include 5 year guarantee, and upgrade to existing gas pipes to 28mm
My questions are
Does anyone know anything about this particular boiler ?
Is this a good price ?
Regards
DACS

Sponsored Links
Viessmann are a good make. Whether the boiler is suitable for your property, and whether the price is good or not, are impossible questions to answer with the information given so far

I expect that even British Gas would do the power flush for less !

Don't know about Scottish Gas though.

They are an ok boiler make sure you have a pressure reducing valve to make domestic water balanced;and engineer reduces she vessel to 3bar as they come out the factory set at 5.5 bar,also fit a flow regulator at 18lpm on the hot pipe under boiler and just make sure system is clean as the rubber hoses attract debris and hold it=constant build up overtime
Hope project goes well

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd go a 200 series system boiler. 200l unvented. Have all rads removed and washed out. System then filled and cleansed.

Drained, refilled. SYstem filter added and a line strainer for belt/braces.

Buy the Full 10yr warranty for the boiler.

Jobs a carrot....and about a grand less tha what you've mentioned.

I rather agree.

Buying a maker's bits all in the same box means you are stuck with their parts.

Fitting separate components seems a better bet to me.

Tony

After four quotes from gas boiler fitter on what is best for me I have decided to install a Viessmann Vitodens 111-W DHW storage 8.8 - 35 KW replacement boiler
Best price from Viessmann trained fitter so far is £4,115 inc Vat plus another £855 for power flush to existing system, total £4,900 this would include 5 year guarantee, and upgrade to existing gas pipes to 28mm
My questions are
Does anyone know anything about this particular boiler ?
Is this a good price ?
Regards
DACS

Wow!! I didn't think there was any big houses in Fife? Viessmann stuff is overpriced & underspec. £855 for a power flush is well over the odds too, sort of says it all really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back