Replacement GU10 LED lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm seeking to replace my current halogen lights with LED units. There seems to be plenty of choice for decent light output and colour temperature, BUT all the units I've tried are a bit longer than my existing GU10 halogen bulbs and so don't fit the lamp-holder.

Can anyone point me to some shorter LED replacements?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There are two standard lengths of MR16 bulbs, the longer bulb has near enough gone now, they came in with the cold cathode compact fluorescent lamp, most today are 55 mm long, just put a tape against the old cold cathode and around 75 mm long.

Thanks Eric. I've tried the 55mm units, but it seems that my lamp-holders were designed for 53mm bulbs, which is the length of the GU10 halogens I've bought to date.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link - appreciated. I tried this previously and have ordered two sets of lamps, only to send them back as they were advertised as 53mm, but were actually 55mm!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back