Replacement LED driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See photo attached - can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable or like for like replacement for this LED driver thanks -

Attachments

• IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 356
Sponsored Links
It is a

Constant Current Driver Dimmer
Providing 350mA
(at 57 to 77Volts)
(20 to 27W output)

So have to search for "Constant Current Driver Dimmer 350mA"
and then check the output voltage covers the above voltages.

Last edited:
Ta - I'm not a sparky and when I look at websites selling drivers I'm kinda overwhelmed with the choices and what is and isn't like for like - if anyone has a direct link where I can buy one? Sorry to be a pain.

Are you sure it is a dead driver ?

It will have been driving at least 16 LED elements connected in series, if any one of those LED elements has failed open circuit then non of the other LED elements will light up.

If you have ( or can borrow ) a multimeter then measure the voltage on the output of the driver, if it measures about 70 to 80 volts then the driver is probably OK and one of the LED elements has failed.

Sponsored Links
As Bernard suggested might be best to test or get entire new light.
especially as I could not (after a quick look) find a
"Constant Current Driver Dimmable 350mA"
from a reputable supplier that provides the required 57 to 77Volts.

What does the whole lamp look like?

Note that I am not a sparky. And I trust you know how to handle electricity and fit these?
Also note Bernards and my comments above, might be best to test LEDs first (or look for black dots of death on LEDs) or replace whole light.

with above in mind, from these (RS is a reputable supplier):
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/displays-optoelectronics/led-lighting-system-components/led-drivers/?cm_mmc=UK-PPC-DS3A-_-google-_-1_UK_EN_G_Displays & Optoelectronics_LED Lighting System Components_BMM_{AS_Test}-_-LED Drivers-_-+led +drivers&matchtype=b&kwd-25616652290&s_kwcid=AL!7457!3!463294415672!b!!g!!+led +drivers&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl-fCmJbh6wIVxPZRCh1tSglkEAAYASAAEgIdYvD_BwE&sort-by=P_breakPrice1&sort-order=asc&applied-dimensions=4294861156,4294568545,4294362050,4294737540,4294363887,4294378543,4294729616,4294361754&pn=1

After a longer look I would get one of these

Mean Well Constant Current LED Driver 350mA 24.5W 25→70V
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/led-drivers/7717764/

Mean Well Constant Current LED Driver 350mA 35W 28→100V
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/led-drivers/7717774/

Mean Well Constant Current LED Driver 350mA 40W 65→115V
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/led-drivers/7772711/

And as you need:
Constant Current Driver Dimmer 350mA, 20→27W, 57→77Volts
I suggest you go for the second one
(but you need to check it fits as it is 57mm wide, and that you know how to fit it):

Mean Well Constant Current LED Driver 350mA 35W 28→100V
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/led-drivers/7717774/

Last edited:
Hi thanks for responses.

Its from an existing brand new light fitting with integrated LED. It failed on day 1 of install after operating for a few hours. The vendor suspected the driver and the manufacturer simply sent me a complete new light fitting and told me to just keep the old one.
It was quite expensive so it crossed my mind if I can replace the driver for £30 or £40 and it works I can re-use it. If not, then yeah, it will be the integrated LED thats gone and the whole unit will go for recycling. I don't have a meter so can't test it.

The driver I suggested is £18 (inc vat and shipping) so might be worth it.

Take care with fingers around the LEDs when case is open as they will be at high voltages (many think LEDs are at only 3 or 12V, but in this type of lamp some off the wires at the LEDs can be at 70V or even 240V.

And if driver is working and LEDs have failed, the voltages are still there, but the LEDs are off so you do not know the voltage is there. So be careful.

I possible please show us the LEDs as interested to see their type and layout.

It was quite expensive
You've been ripped off and the replacement fitting will not last long either if it has the same cheap nasty driver fitted. I strongly recommend you replace it with a reputable branded item such as Meanwell, Osram, FSP etc

You've been ripped off and the replacement fitting will not last long either if it has the same cheap nasty driver fitted. I strongly recommend you replace it with a reputable branded item such as Meanwell, Osram, FSP etc

Yeah. I will.
When it gives up.
Its only a tenner for a new one, but thanks for your input.

McHaggis,
I like Fluorscence suggestion of changing the driver now.
If only because it took me much longer then I expected to find that Constant Current driver proving 57 to 77Volts.
That version might be becoming a rarity as other voltages are used instead.
SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back