Replacement mains powered smoke alarms needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firex smoke alarms were installed when my house was built in 2000. Firex models have now been discontinued. I'm looking to replace them but want to know if there are any compatible models which will fit into the existing base plate or will I have to get the whole system reinstalled.
I have a PG240 and an IAR230C

Sponsored Links
I Would suggest Aico smoke alarms. Mains powered with lithium battery back up. These are designed to last for a period of 10 years and come with a 5 year guarentee.

Also ensure you select the correct type of alarm for the location.

http://www.aico.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

I was hoping to be able to just attach a new smoke alarm to the base I already have, rather than having to put up a new base - which may mean redecorating the ceiling, as pointed out OwainDIYer.
Original suppliers Sensotec no longer seem to supply the alarms so I might have to replace them completely.

Measure the existing units footprint, and see what is similar or over that size from the link I posted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back