Replacement for FireX smoke alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
In the house my wife and I recently bought there are 2 smoke alarms that are not working and are both well past the expiry date on them. They're a discontinued model FireX 120-950E. I've attached a photo so the connector can be seen. Does anyone know of a direct replacement where I wouldn't have to replace the base or next best option if that's not an option?
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• PXL_20230514_120850796.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230514_120850796.MP.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
Aico 3000 series.
They are supplied with a new base that the wiring connects to directly.

There are no items which will fit onto that existing connector.

The kidde alarms used to be the old firex range (this being either a sub brand or an aquired company) however a check of their website reveals that the current range have a "Unique fast-fit system" and the picture shows an arrow with the text, "unclip and slide" so it appears that they have now adopted something very similar to what aico have been using for about 20 years....

Sponsored Links
Cheers for all the replies. If I go with Aico smoke alarms should they be easy to wire and should they be connected to sound together with the existing wiring as I assume the existing alarms are?

Yes, they are all wired in the same way across brands (Live, neutral and interconnect), but you must change all interconnected alarms, the instructions do not permit mix and matching. Note wiring before disconnecting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back