Replacement of Storage Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at replacing some faulty Storage heaters. What is the best option. We don't have Gas or Oil so that puts a Boiler system out the window as too expensive. Also i'm looking to Rent the house in 6-12 months so don;t want to spend £1000's

I was thinking about getting some oil filled heaters and connecting them into the old controller system

What other options would I have

Sponsored Links
why not replace with new storage heaters ?? they are not that expensive and the infrastructure is presumably all in place..

GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMP

^^stick that in goooooooooooogle.

They also do air source systems too, your local air con company will be able to sort this for you. Dont buy from B&Q, their systems are loud and intrusive.

There is no point using oil filled rads on the old system if is is on off peak.

All that will happen is the heaters will be on in the early morning and will be off when your tenants come home - they wont be happy.

You've got two options:
1. Leave the electrics as it is on the off peak tarif and install new storage rads or
2. Get the off peak tariff stopped and move the off peak board so it is powered 24 hours a day. then u could put whatever electric heaters u want on the existing points.

Sponsored Links
why not replace with new storage heaters ?? they are not that expensive and the infrastructure is presumably all in place..

The house originally had Panel heater about 30 Years ago and never got the "White " meter, We have a timer system but thats it. No benefit in charging in the offpeak time as all my leccy comes through one meter.

House is to old to have "total Control"

So you've had storage heaters for 30 years, but have never had cheap rate electric? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back