replacement procedure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me please I need information on how to replace a radiatior ( replacement procedure )for a conventional system and a pressurised system, including ensuring it is fully operational again......PLEASE HELP. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I think you need to find out exactly what system you have before attempting this.

Search FAQ's for all the advice you need ;)

can anyone help me please I need information on how to replace a radiatior ( replacement procedure )for a conventional system and a pressurised system, including ensuring it is fully operational again......PLEASE HELP. :rolleyes:

Are you re-using the existing pipework, such as taking the radiator off to decorate?

If so:

1) Close both rad valves, if you have a TRV make sure you use the decorator's cap or it might leak. Take a note of the number of turns required to shut the lockshield valve.

2) Open the bleed screw.

3) put baking tray or similar under one end of radiator, undo nut between radiator and valve and drain the water out.

4) same the other end.

5) lift radiator from its brackets, immediately tip up into baking tray, you don't want magnetite sludge on your carpet.

6) do whatever you need to do while the rad's off.

7) re-hang radiator and do the nuts up.

8 ) close the bleed screw.

9) open the radiator valves - the lockshield valve by the same number of turns needed to close it.

10)bleed radiator.

11 (sealed system only) top up the pressure to 1 bar using the filling loop.

Sponsored Links

Are you re-using the existing pipework, such as taking the radiator off to decorate?

If so:

1) Close both rad valves, if you have a TRV make sure you use the decorator's cap or it might leak. Take a note of the number of turns required to shut the lockshield valve.

2) Open the bleed screw.

3) put baking tray or similar under one end of radiator, undo nut between radiator and valve and drain the water out.

4) same the other end.

5) lift radiator from its brackets, immediately tip up into baking tray, you don't want magnetite sludge on your carpet.

6) do whatever you need to do while the rad's off.

7) re-hang radiator and do the nuts up.

8 ) close the bleed screw.

9) open the radiator valves - the lockshield valve by the same number of turns needed to close it.

10)bleed radiator.

11 (sealed system only) top up the pressure to 1 bar using the filling loop.

pleeassee :rolleyes:

are you trying to become a plumber?
why do you want to know what to do with 2 different systems?
it seems that the advice of reading the relevant faq and wikis would be a good place to start
might as well explain to us what you are trying to achieve

It sounds like a student just starting a plumbing course who has been given some homework and wants to save looking it up himself ( and doing all the additional learning in the process. )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back