Replacement radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My living room was originally a bedroom and the radiator does not really heat up the room on really cold days.

Room is approximately 4yds by 6yds and 10ft high celings. radiator is a single radiator just less than 600mm and approximately 1760mm long.

I suspect that I really need at least a double radiator. However I looked at some online and noticed that there are double radiators with single convector and double radiators with double convectors. What exactly does this difference mean and what do I really need?

My other question was around whether to fit a programmable thermostat. I currently do not have a thermostat in use and instead use TRVs on radiators along with a timer. Just wondered if there was any benefit to a programmable thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a 1200 double rad from Screwfix and you will be like toast. Double convectors have more fins so more surface area giving off heat.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back