Replacement shower door handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking it'll be easier to start looking for the Holy Grail!

The rubbish, plastic fittings on my shower door have finally given up the ghost. Fine, I thought, get online and I'll have 10 million to choose from. Can't find one!!!!

Looking for a set of handles, back to back fixings. Glass door has 127.5mm centres, 8mm holes. Something in brushed SS would be ideal but would be grateful for any ideas.

TIA

Symo

Sponsored Links
You may need the help of a plumber who knows the shower market.

However without quoting the make and model no one is likely to be able to help much.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
You may need the help of a plumber who knows the shower market.

However without quoting the make and model no one is likely to be able to help much.

Tony

LOL, yeah, that's what I thought. I did post in the plumbing forum but it got moved here!

Not 100% about the make/model. Think it was a Trevi? But, anyway, I don't want another handle like this one, it's rubbish!

Thanks for the reply and thanks too jasonb, I'm plowing through that, very useful, site now but haven't found anything yet!

Cheers

Symo

I am thinking that the old handle was fixed by 2 screws through the glass door, am I correct? If so my father-in-law got around this problem by using single handles like these & to hide the screw-head on the other side of the handle he used clip on screw covers in the same colour as the handle.

Just an idea :idea:

Salem

salem2000 said:
I am thinking that the old handle was fixed by 2 screws through the glass door, am I correct? If so my father-in-law got around this problem by using single handles like these & to hide the screw-head on the other side of the handle he used clip on screw covers in the same colour as the handle.

Just an idea :idea:

Salem

Thanks for the idea Salem but, there are handles both sides and they need to have a back-to-back fixing system.

Symo

Thanks salem2000. I've sent them a mail. I'll let you know if they come up with anything!

Symo

Very impressed by the speedy reply from http://www.ashardware.co.uk/ but, no joy... :(

"Sorry for your dilemma Matt but our handles are for commercial entrance doors. I think you’d find them too bulky, also we don’t do less than 250mm centres.

Tony Ellis"

Symo said:
Very impressed by the speedy reply from http://www.ashardware.co.uk/ but, no joy... :(

"Sorry for your dilemma Matt but our handles are for commercial entrance doors. I think you’d find them too bulky, also we don’t do less than 250mm centres.

Tony Ellis"

It was worth a try, I was hoping that they may have some contacts, ect.

The only place I did find was not a UK site it in the US. But even they may not be able to help, plus the cost would be high.Click Here

Thanks for that MrBenchmark! I've mailed them as I've had no luck yet!!

For what it worth, on salem2000 link.

random1.jpg

One of my client has the same problem, similar to the above picture, I cut the wooden handle middle section out and threaded double end screw type and carefully screw it together with a chrome washer in the middle joint, this was on the shower glass door that open outward as the handle is not needed inside the door, I've use a chrome bolt on the inside with nylon washer, bingo :!: :D

Thanks masona. I'll keep that in mind for when I finally give up my epic quest. :( :D

I'm seriously thinking of setting up an ebay shop if find a manufacturere of these things though. I can't be the only one looking or, perhaps, i am... :eek: HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO....

Symo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back