Replacement shower hose woes...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post here, I hope someone can help!

My bath has a 4-hole/cut-out tap & shower set, one where the shower hose goes back 'behind' the bath after use - in the 1st photo, the hole/mount on the left is where the hose goes through. The hose connector at the handset end of the hose is the 'normal' conical type, but at the other end it's a 'nut' type (photos 2 & 3).

The hose recently broke so I went looking for a replacement, however the only ones I can find with a nut at the supply end have a fixed nut (not removable like in photo 3) and so don't fit though the hole in the bath (annoyingly only by around 2mm in diameter). The headset end connector is too big also.

I'm pretty sure it was bought from B&Q but I can't see the same product there anymore. As replacing the full tap set would be a major headache (the bath would need to be removed as there is almost zero space to get in & behind), can anyone help with a solution? Is there somewhere I can buy a hose like this? We're planning on upgrading the bathroom, but not for 6 months or so and the shower is handy when bathing the kids.

Many thanks for any help!
Dean
IMG_8216.JPG
IMG_8217.JPG
IMG_8218.JPG

Sponsored Links
I since found an old post with a similar question saying these are available on ebay, so problem solved it seems :)

Yes, I had fun fitting similar unit at son's place. Just as well he was not at home. The air was quite blue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back