Replacement shower with 100mm pipe centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
my mixer shower is bust and i'm looking to replace it with a thermostatic shower. the distance between the centers of the pipe inlets is 100mm. the plumber told me that the best thing would be for me to find another shower with this distance - she couldn't find any, and said that if this is not available the entire shower has to be retiled. i know this isn't a standard but was hoping someone knows how to get hold of a suitable shower?
thanks, agnes

Sponsored Links
Perhaps a male plumber would be prepared to make more effort to find you something?

A picture and details of the make and model of the existing might help someone here to try to help you with either a replacement or similar sized equivalent.

You see that ( male ) Dan found that is a very short time!

So much for any effort from your female plumber!

Sponsored Links
hi there,

thanks for your swift reply and for making the effort to look up a suitable product. much appreciated!

having looked at the product you linked to, however, it doesn't seem to be a thermostatic mixer - it does seem possible to find manual mixers with 100mm centres, but not thermostatic ones. would that be correct?

btw, i didn't realize people still felt this way about females working in non-traditional professions... :)

my challenge is still to find a thermostatic shower mixer with 100mm between pipe inlets...

thanks for any thoughts!
dee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back