Replacement TRV Heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some help identifying an equivalent TRV head.
QKNBdBv.jpg
wOhBFxj.jpg

Some have Danfoss on the tops, others are blank. They must be at least 25 years old, quite probably older.

The valves they are on look like
VcxuP2d.jpg

with the top corrugated part about 17 or 18mm in diameter.

The valves work fine, but the heads are looking tired. What am I looking for as a modern replacement?

Sponsored Links
I very much doubt you’ll get replacement heads for those valves.
I’m sure they are Danfoss. You could try their website but I think you’ll need to renew the valves too.

Yep, I had it confirmed. The valve is a Danfoss RA, the sensor is an old style RA2000 and the RA2910 is a direct replacement. If the valve plays up, the gland can be replaced so no need to change valves or drain down.

Sponsored Links
Yep, I had it confirmed. The valve is a Danfoss RA, the sensor is an old style RA2000 and the RA2910 is a direct replacement. If the valve plays up, the gland can be replaced so no need to change valves or drain down.
yes you can replace the glands without draining, a small amount of water will come out but very little as you remove the gland, if it was me doing it for all the time it takes, while replacing the sensors, I would remove the gland and clean the pin with wire wool or emery paper or similar and grease the pin with silicon grease, and refit then fit the new sensor, it only takes a few minutes on each valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back