Replacement / Upgrading External Alarm Box

C

cabot

I want to replace the external alarm box on the front of the house.Being a novice i have investigated the internal components and see that 5 wires go in to connectors inside the box.As well as the normal PIR's the house alarm is also fitted with a panic button in the bedroom.It needs overhauled as its about 15 years of age and the system still has the original battery in the external box as well as in the control panel.I also nead to replace an exterior door contact.Easy job or leave it to the professionals?I'm pretty confident in doing it but don't want to blow any fuses etc or tamper with any thing then make for a 2am get the ladder out the garage call !

Sponsored Links
It depends on your ability.Post your panel type and the new bell type , and we can provide you with what goes to what.The hard bit might be getting the old rusty screws out ..at height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back