Replacement where?

T

timmyquick

Hi All

Does any one know where i can get a replacement switch from like the one in the picture?, I dont know what it is called, as you can see in the picture it is broken the cord has snapped off from inside the thing. It has K.T.E on the side of it. It is from my ceiling fan.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/timothy.lhear/CIMG0940.JPG

Sponsored Links
you have several choices

throw fan away get new one

short switch add external pull cord switch

contact manufacturer

my money is on the first one, why? for the switch to have come out fan must be broken damaged, what will break next? byt he time you do get a new switch you will ave spent more time/ money than fan costs.
by the time you have read this i could be halfway to getting new fan (ok from a shed)

The reason im trying to get a replacement is that it is off the bedroom celing light and fan, which was not cheap about £200 a few years a go. The reason its broke, i pulled a bit to hard one day. I really dont want a cheap replacement light & fan if i can help it.

you didnt say that in the first place, so i was not to know.

in that case then try where you got it or who makes it. i also suggest you buy 2, saves you all the hassle.

Sponsored Links
The switch isn't that clear in the picture, but if you get no joy from the makers, rememrber that very small pull-cord switches are made for wall lights, and may be able to be made to fit the hole, or inside the body of the old switch. I have rescued a number of damaged fittings in theis ay in the past. Or as noted, bypass the broken switch (connect the wires without it.) and switch from earlier in the supply cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back