Replacement Window inset distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to order replacement windows for entire property as part of a larger set of building works including a 2 storey extension.
I have decided on Velfac units and since my house is rendered their recommendation is to render first and fit the windows after.
Their instructions show the window frames sitting half on the render and only set back 30mm from the face of the rendered edge and sealed around the outer edge by Compriband only. This places almost the entire frame on the outer bricks of the cavity wall although the window is retained by metal straps onto the inner leaf wall.

Is this likely to be accepted by BC/Planning - the current windows are set back some 100mm from the outer wall.

Link to their fitting instruction -1st page applies to my situation -
http://velfac.co.uk/Global/UK PDF a...w files - 6.11.14/Rendered openings - PDF.pdf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back