Replacing 2 individual pillar taps with a bath shower mixer (172mm spacing)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my existing individual bath taps with a bath shower mixer. The Bristan tap I am considering has 180mm spacing for the hole centres. When I measure my existing taps, centre to centre I measure 172mm or 6 3/4 inches.

Do you think it will fit? If not what can I do?

Picture as attached

Attachments

• Current.jpg
    Current.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 29
  • New.jpg
    New.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
The single taps may not be centred on the bath holes. The bath holes are often larger diameter than the tap tails.

The single taps may not be centred on the bath holes. The bath holes are often larger diameter than the tap tails.
Does it mean. I able to put bath shower mixer on it? I just worry. After removal, it won't fit

You will not know until taps are removed,and hole centres measured. I assume the bath is plastic. If so the holes can be widened with a file ,and your new taps appear to have fairly large diameter baseplates. I suspect they can be made to fit if need be.

Sponsored Links
You will not know until taps are removed,and hole centres measured. I assume the bath is plastic. If so the holes can be widened with a file ,and your new taps appear to have fairly large diameter baseplates. I suspect they can be made to fit if need be.
Thanks. All works. I am a happy man now. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back