Replacing 2 zone valves in CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the 2 zone valves in my CH system. (Preventative maintenance; it's summer-time and they're 17 years old.)
The problem is that I've slackened off the compresssion nuts, but there is not enough movement in the pipes to enable me to remove the valves. I've undone all the pipe clips, still not enough room. Any ideas?
ACDC

Sponsored Links
But I've bought them now and I like doing it!

Sometimes it's necessary to remove pipework upstream/downstream of valves via cylinder unions/valves , you may find removing the pump will allow enough movement to remove the valves.

Sponsored Links
Thanks gasafengineer. I was considering cutting a small section out of the pipe just below one of the valves to give me some slack and repairing it with a straight compression joint. Does this sound OTT?

Thanks gasafengineer. I was considering cutting a small section out of the pipe just below one of the valves to give me some slack and repairing it with a straight compression joint. Does this sound OTT?

I you havn't enough slack to remove pipe from under valve how do you
propose to pull pipes apart to fit a compression coupler?

If your valves are honeywell then why not leave in place and replace the guts and actuator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back