replacing a Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
My sister in law has a baxi 105e installed 5 years ago. The boiler has a fault that means that the heating works but there is no hot water. An engineer has tried to fit a new part. He said the new part didn't cure the problem and has said a new boiler is necessary. He has quoted £2000 but I'm not sure what boiler he has specified. I guess it was a very basic one.

As you'll have gathered I know nothing about central heating but got as far as looking on the screwfix site for a replacement. A baxi 80HE is listed at £650. I wondered if this might be a good replacement. Can anyone tell me if it would be the same sort of shape and size with similar gas and water imputs and a similar flu. Would another model be better?

Lastly, is it reasonable to ask an engineer to fit a boiler that you have bought and any idea as to what you might expect to pay. My sister in law needs to solve the problem in a cheep a way as possible. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Get rid off the guy he is ripping yous off no hot water on a 105e is a simple fault and easily fixed .
If you where to change it you would leave all existing pipework in place and simply change it for a 105HE (dont use the 80he).
Could be done in matter off hours

Although BAXI combi's do not enjoy the best of reputations, parts ARE most definiteley still available for them.

I would respectfully suggest that you engage another (perhaps more experienced/tenacious) registered gas installer to take a look at the appliance. Another option is to contact BAXI themselves, bite the bullet and pay them 'up front' for a fixed price repair.

My local Heatteam guy is very good.

DH

BTW, I do not willingly fit BAXI combi's, but, as BAXI are still in business they must be doing something right (?)

is this so called engineer taking the pi$$ and cant repair a dhw fault on a 105e :LOL:
you might want to get your sis in law to employ a decent htg engineer someone with a good reputation who will be able to fix it with no problems wot so ever ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks for the above. I'll try and sort out another engineer for her. Can anyone recommend a good one near KT4 (Worcester Park near Kingston on Thames)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back