Replacing a broken marley plain tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This probably applies to other tiles too but I have broken marley plain tile that needs replacing. Its on the middle of an area that is hung vertically on the front of the house. Do i have to remove all the tiles above to get to the nail holes for this one? Im guessing not and there must be some magic trick that hopefully one of you chaps can tell me about?

Sponsored Links
Well i have the replacement tile. The chap in the roofing place said to either grip fill the tile in or use expanding foam. Sounds a bit hacky and nasty to me. Is it the way to go?

his advice was correct in a hap hazard sort of way lol make sure the top half of the old tile is not still in as can sometimes happen if its all clear put the new tile in and the nibs at the top of the tile will hook on to the tile batten it will then hold in itself but i would advise a small blob of silicone adhesive under the new tile as an extra precaution

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back