replacing a oven selector switch on micromark oven mm55524

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to replace the selector switch on a MICROMARK single electric oven as the other has burnt out.

The company has gone bust....and the product is just out of warrenty by 2 months and so BQ wont touch!

I have ordered another selector,from an approved supplier, but the one sent is another type but the right one! upto EGO standards and the company inform me is the genuine part for the job, The electrician is struggling........

Any ideas ? Or a wiring diagram please?
I dont want to buy a new overn and hes spent hours on it!

Sponsored Links
Now you know why Micromark went bust!

You'll be better off posting this on appliances.

Mods, can you move please??

Selector switch or temp control.

If its the selector and you dont have a drawing to list the differences (can but ask) you will need to do a bit of investigation and turn the selector on the new and old switch and see the positions of the cams and which contacts open and close and at which switch position.
Note which part of the oven should be running on each switch position

compare origional switch connections to new and connect up

It is quite common for selectors to be changed to different manufacturers or types (not very common forn them to supply the new connection diagrams though)

Sponsored Links
Hi did you ever get the diagram.

Im trying to do the same thing but sure what connections plug where

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back