Zanussi ZDF290W Oven. Replaced element, still problem. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any suggestions please ?

The element in the main oven burnt out (hole blown in its side) so I replaced it. The small top oven works as normal but nothing on the main oven.

I opened up the casing expecting to find a blown fuse or a reset - nothing like that in circuit anywhere.

The electrical supply arrives at the main oven selector switch ok (as it does for the small oven) but when I turn it to any of its positions I do not even get the red neon light coming on.

Any suggestions as to what I might try or where I can get a wiring diagram, including a breakdown of the switching action itself please ?.

Many thanks in advance

Len

Sponsored Links
I take it you have set the clock to get supply to the main oven selector switch,if so you may find the contacts of the selector switch damaged.Supply to the thermostat is from contact 2 on the selector switch.

WHAT A CHAMPION !!!

Thanks a million for not only a prompt reply but an excellent piece of guidance. Working fine now that I have reset the clock.

Something so simple and yet so important. I don't suppose it would have been in the paperwork, even if I had some !

Regards

Len

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back