Replacing a pressure valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a hot water system with a tank on a direct feed so that the water main provides the pressure for the water flow.

The tank is discharging hot water through the tundish and a plumber has advised me that the problem is that the pressure valve needs replacing.

I've asked him to come and do it and even offered him money but he doesn't seem interested.

I'm now left wondering if I could tackle the task myself. I've looked at a few videos on Youtube but they all seem to be by Americans or Australians and their components don't look like UK ones.

Is a tank drain down necessary, or is it just a case of switching off the mains, taking out the old one, putting in a new one and then switching the mains back on again?

If it's a straightforward affair, can anyone advise on where to get a replacement valve? Will Plumb Centre have one?

I've attached a picture of the valve, I've Googled the product code and Google suggests it's a Caleffi 309 valve.

Would appreciate any help on offer.

Regards

Jever
P1040722.JPG
P1040730.JPG

Sponsored Links
You have an unvented cylinder and you can not work on it yourself. Not all plumbers can work on these ,you must engage a plumber who is G3 certified.

your plumber isnt interested because you need a G3 qualification to work on your cylinder, possibly he doesn't have it, it is definitely not a DIY job

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back