Replacing alarm with a hybrid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a broken Guardtec 370 house alarm (or so I have been told on here in one of my previous posts). I was thinking about ripping it all out and replacing it with a wireless system but I've seen the light and now want to have a wired system. Am I right in thinking that once I disconnect the old one I can use the wire from the spur to power it and use the existing wire from the bell box for the new bell box. Are there any wired systems out there has can have wireless PIR's? I was thinking of having the bell box wired (if I can use the existing wire) and then adding wireless PIR to save routing cables all around the house. At the moment there are only 2 wired PIR's, I would require another one in the lounge, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the hall and putting 1 or 2 in my garage which is about 12mtr away from the current alarm box. I was going to get a separate alarm for the garage but thought if I get a decent smart alarm system then I can spend £30 for the PIR for the garage saving me £100'S on the separate alarm. Any recommendations from past experience

Sponsored Links
also the power supply comes directly from the consumer unit, it goes out of the consumer unit, outside and down the wall, into the hall closet and straight into the alarm. I'm no electrician but shouldn't it go into a FCU?

If the cable comes from its own MCB of a suitable rating (5A), it should be fine but a little inconvenient.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back