Hybride wireless/wired alarm panels - do they exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to do some work on our alarm which keeps going off at different zones, I think it is a wiring fault in a junction box as the wiring is messy due to more zones which I have added over the years.

I want to simplify the wiring and replace the Texacom panel. This is what I want to do ideally:-

1) Main control panel
2) 2 x PIRs (wired)
3) 1 x PIR on different zone (wireless)
4) 1 x door contact (wired)
5) 1 x door contact (wireless)
6) 3 x window contacts (wireless)
7) 1 x bell box (wired)

Have also thought about an auto dialler but not sure what the point is, if I get an SMS saying the alarm has gone off there is not much I can do if I am 200 miles away so unless this option is cheap I won't bother.

I have a budget of £250 for the parts to do this work, does such a hybrid wireless panel exist and is £250 enough?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Texecom Premier is a hybrid.

You will need more money.

Also Honeywell Galaxy (more money)
Visonic More money but all wireless.
Cooper More money.

You could do it all wired for that though.

I could do it wired, just a lot of work tidying up the current mess of cables and finding some where suitable to put junctions (currently clipped onto skirton boards! not ideal).

However if it is a lot more than £250 I cannot justify it, so will have to wired.

I could do it wired, just a lot of work tidying up the current mess of cables and finding some where suitable to put junctions (currently clipped onto skirton boards! not ideal).

However if it is a lot more than £250 I cannot justify it, so will have to wired.

Run new cable. It cannot be that hard to conceal.
Dont make more junctions, thats your issue now.

Sponsored Links
Seems a bit of a waste due to the layout using lots of different cables from the box, but I am sure I have about 30 meters of 6 core in my lock up so what the hell.

At the moment I have junctions going into junctions, should have just started from scratch when I replaced the box and added extra circuits ten years ago.

Just thought a wireless solution would be a lot neater, but it seems it will cost a lot more than I thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back