Replacing Asbesto Garage Ridge Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me where I can buy (non asbestos obviously) ridge tiles to replace broken asbestos ones?

My garage roof is covered with asbestos sheets that are undamaged...I believe the profile is called Big Six or B6 :?: ...so aI just need t replace a couple of broken ridge tiles
Peter

Sponsored Links
Look in the yellow pages, and find your nearist roofing merchants. They'll will sell them ( new and old ) ;)

If not, replace the whole lot :LOL:

Fantastic Markie,

Is there any technical term I should use...or will they get it from my amateur description on the post?

Cheers

Peter

Sponsored Links
Do I need to measure the "shape" of the corrugation or is it standard?

It's a concrete garage (think it was a Marley, but not sure) probably erected in the 80's; I'd guess that the "wavelength" of the corrugation is about 4 or 5 inches (obviously I could measure this accurately)

Peter

PS what a great site....full of experts like yourself

quote 'big six' as this is the correct terminology for large corrugated sheets. although not made from 'assie' any more you will still be able to buy compatible ridge sections.

THanks to both of you (Markie and noseall)...clearly a knowedgable bunch; I found this site earlier today, but have been faicinated to read through loads of posts where you've given invaluable info.

Will I need to attempt to measure the angle of the ridge tiles or would that be standard?....the pitch seems quite flat to me...

Cheers

Peter

PeterWHC said:
THanks to both of you (Markie and noseall)...clearly a knowedgable bunch; I found this site earlier today, but have been faicinated to read through loads of posts where you've given invaluable info.

Will I need to attempt to measure the angle of the ridge tiles or would that be standard?....the pitch seems quite flat to me...

Cheers

Peter

Measure, better safe than sorry ;) you might get a rookie behind the counter :LOL: ;)

will do...thanks and goodnight

Is there anything you guys don't know?

That's only money :D ....you've got something money can't buy...knowledge! :D

AND... you're willing to sit at your PC giving others the benefit of your advice for free, so that's knowledge and kindness - you can manage without the lotto! (but you'd get a cheer from me if you won)
Have a good one...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back