Temporary repair to garage ridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old 1950s concrete sectional garage. It is an asbestos roof with felt on top. I have a small amount of water ingress around the ridge. I don’t want to replace the roof as I am going to replace the whole garage in a couple of years anyway so I am looking for a temporary fix.

The roof is quite delicate so whatever work I do on it I want to keep to a minimum. In an ideal world I just want to be able to glue some sort of ridge tile across the top to prevent water getting in. Has anyone got any suggestions of how best to approach this?

Sponsored Links
maybe rolling on flashband would work but it depends on whats on the ridge now?
you can get 10m of 225mm flashband for about £30.

how do you propose to get on a fragile roof to do the work- is it worth the risk? is the ridge beam,rafters or trusses in good shape?

That’s exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Thank you.

It has felt on top but there are a few small cracks where water is getting in. This should be more than enough for a couple of years.

Thank you again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back