Replacing ballast in a CFL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a kitchen light with a fried ballast, but its a Tridonic EC20 B90, and I can't find a trace of one anywhere on the internet. Presume they stopped making it a while ago. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might get one or, failing that if it was possible to use a different ballast as a replacement?

We're hoping to replace the whole kitchen next year, so really dont want to have to replace the light now.

Sponsored Links
What other info is there on the ballast, what size lamp?
Is it a 2D type lamp? Photos may help

The ec20 B90 was a choke for 18/24/26/28 compact lamps mainly.

A ec20 A50 does 18/24/26 compact lamps and should be ok if your running any of the 3 sizes,
cost about 10 pound

ec18 are easy to get, but depending on lamp size it may not be suitable

The lamp is a compact 20w, butterfly one. So I can use an A50 ok with it?

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean, if you mean a 2D lamp.
I only know of a 16 watt, 21 watt and a 28 watt in the smaller 2d sizes

Chokes are getting harder to buy nowadays, apparently the ec20 A50 is also phased out

The equivalent now is the ec18/20 A502K which does the same compact lamps as your old one
18/24/26/28 watt

Yeah 2D is what I meant. I've ordered an A50, hopefully will all work ok. Thanks for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back