Replacing bath taps - (Halstead Combi System)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: I want to replace bath and sink taps and have no problem in doing this, but I have not done this before with a combi system fitted. I am wondering whether I not only have to switch my Halstead off, but am unsure if there is some water shut off that I should do also, appart from the obvious one - at the mains - The reason I am concerned is in case I get air into the system or cause any damage.

Can anyone give me a step by step easy account of perhaps the best way of changing my taps, as I have also the horrible job of replacing the bath also. I fitted my sink before my Halstead was put in. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Turn off your mains at the stop tap and turn off your boiler.
Take the opportunity to fit isolating valves for future use to both your bath pipe work.
Enjoy taking the taps off, usually a pain to get off, and it is best to use flexi hoses as the existing taps may be a different height :D

:p Thank you very much for confirming what I thought. I used flexi and isolating valves the last time and did so for the very reasons you mentioned. Thank you once again, I will get stuck in soon. Cheers. :LOL:

If you have isolating valves there is no need to turn off anything!
Simply turn the valves off :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL: I do have isolating valves but unfortunately - not on that part - it is before these valves, but once I have put new ones in I hope I don't have a problem doing this again if needs be, unless of course I move house, which might be a better option LOL. Thank you once again for your input. Cheers. :D

Remove the boiler without swithing anything off so as to gas and drown yourself, then using breathing and frogman equipment proceed to replace the taps, if you have any problems we could all come round for free to help out a little, ahhhhhhh bless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back