Replacing carpet with vinyl tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
In my home we have Amtico tiles on the ground floor and in all bathrooms. Now I'd like to replace carpet firstly in the landing/corridor on the 1st floor. The thing is that under the carpet there is a foam: https://ibb.co/hf4nmtP all sitting on OSB or plywood. I'd like to avoid big gaps under doors so my question is: should I put additional 1cm thick plywood or OSB before or there is a better way of doing this? Definitely I will go with vinyl floor.

Sponsored Links
You need to prep the floor anyway with a minimum 6mm Flooring Grade ply for the Amtico, build levels too far and you'll be struggling to deal with the finish over the landing at the stairs etc.

Most of the doors on the Landing should open into rooms anyway and not over your old carpet. Budget to replace the doors that presently open onto the carpet - usually the Airing Cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back