Vinyl Floor tiles and a carpet nightmare.

msr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, Need a bit of advice here before I steamroll through this. I moved into a flat with carpet in the loo...a bit gross really because it actually smelled. So I thought "No big deal" and pulled up a corner to check out the floor under neath and headed to B&Q and bought my bits...

Now the floor is just flat particle board with concrete underneath, so i bought some high quality vinyl tiles, sealant for the floor, a bit more adhesive in case I muck up the first few, a chalk line and a good straight edge.

Well, when I got home I went to pull up the rest of the flooring to let it air out a bit before the weekend and before i sealed the floor and found...

they GLUED carpet tiles over vinyl sheeting (also glued of course) and didn't seal anything around the bathtub, so it has caused a bit of the particle board to come up, and because the carpet is glued onto thick thick vinyl it's making it very hard to get out as it doesn't bend at all...

Has anyone encountered this before?
Who puts carpet over vinyl in a loo?javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
Evil or Very Mad
Ideas for what to do about the corner near the tub where bits came up?
Ideas for how to get it out?

Thanks! :oops:

Sponsored Links
just to let you know i did manage to get it ripped out! lots of sweat and girly muscle!! :)

still have the problem of the damp patch by the tub and what i should use to level out the small areas... which are a bit uneven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back